From the anti-stress coloring book craze to Zen home furnishings, mandalas have become increasingly popular and it’s not hard to see why. Present in several cultures, the mandala – a word that, in Sanskrit, means circle – is a meditation instrument that represents the connection of the human being with the cosmos and that stimulates inner peace. In other words, something more than welcome in today’s chaotic days!
For those who are in need of this tranquility in their daily lives, or even for those very connected to spirituality, how about carrying this symbol on your body with a mandala tattoo? See below for a selection of inspirations.
1. One of the characteristics of the mandala is its concentric shape.
3. Forming really fascinating circles
4. And often intriguing
5. Those who inspire us to spend time trying to decipher it
6. Are you going to say that it doesn’t bring concentration and tranquility?
7. But mandalas can also be very simple
8. Counting on few shapes
9. Or even appear to have been made with a square
10. After all, how can there be rules for something that encourages inner peace?
11. For that reason, don’t be afraid to adapt your mandala
12. As an example, you can make a cutout of it
13. Place it inside another geometric shape
14. From a beloved character
15. From another mystic symbol
16. And why not incorporate the mandala into other forms?
17. Like an owl
18. A wolf
19. A leopard
20. And even a beetle
21. Remembering that the embedded element does not have to be an animal
22. It can be another symbol that gives you tranquility, like a heart
23. The phases of the moon
24. Or a landscape
25. Which is also completed in a mandala on this tattoo here
26. And why not the entire planet?
27. For those who noticed a certain similarity between flowers and mandalas, don’t be surprised
28. After all, like mandalas, flowers are also concentric
29. For this reason, the two things often appear together
30. As shown in the tattoo below
31. The lotus flower, for example, is practically a mandala
32. And it’s quite represented that way in tattoos
33. Be they big
34. Small and delicate
35. Or a tattoo inside the tattoo!
36. But it’s not just the lotus flower that can be incorporated into the mandala
37. Other flowers such as peonies also do very well in this role.
38. Just like roses
39. As for the style, the mandalas are very versatile
40. Being able to follow the bold line
44. old school
45. With delicate features
46. Or mix more than one style at the same time
47. How is it with delicate lines and geometric shapes
48. And this one with pointillism and botanical inspiration
49. The good thing is that, in addition, the mandala tattoo looks good on many parts of the body
50. For the most discreet, for example, behind the ear works really well
51. Other interesting ideas are putting the mandala tattoo on the shoulder
52. On the thigh, being visible only on hot days
53. On the outside of the forearm
54. Just above the wrist
56. Below the breasts
57. At the back of the arms
58. In the back
59. Between the upper arm and forearm
60. And up to the elbow!
And then, inspired to tattoo this beautiful symbol that is the mandala? In this case, be sure to research a tattoo artist or tattoo artist that matches your style.